oh no, Pinterest, what have you done to me?!

I joined Pinterest recently and it has already been responsible for a HUGE amount of skiving.  I apparently need to know, urgently, despite the late hour, how to roll plastic bags so they dispense one by one from a wipes container.  I also need to know, immediately, despite being at work, a million ways to customise t shirts...

Amazing and yet I am now in danger of either being fired or falling asleep in my dinner.

Having said that, it's also been the source of a quick and very satisfying project recently, as a gift for one good friend, using some fab Osbourne & Little fabric given to me a million years ago by another good friend AND being the first time that I have set a zip that I am 100% happy with.

The inspiration came, via Pinterest, from the stylish 'Say Yes to Hoboken' blog and was for a Mini Boxy Make-Up Bag.

Here's their version in lovely stripes with a contrast zip:
 

On my version, I tinkered with the size, making it much larger at 15" x 11", more of a sponge bag



added tabs to help with zipping:
 
 

and a rip-stop lining to make it waterproof


Very pleased. 
 
Right, Pinterest, you're on a final warning...  More of this type of thing and less of this please.
 
Are you on Pinterest?  What do you pin? Should I 'follow' you? Or should I get off the blimming internet and do some work?
 
S x
 
 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mending is the new new.... again

Junior Joy of Sew totally nails her project